The Romanian Fiscal Code allows businesses, registered on the territory of Romania, to redirect a share of 20% of their taxes towards supporting non-governmental or non-profit organisations. This can be done for free, without any additional costs, as a sponsorship. Briefly, you can offer one or more sponsorships, limited to a sum representing 20% of your taxes. The remaining 80% goes to the State.
Mental Health for Romania is still a relatively young organisation. Thus, we do not benefit from any form of external income or funding. All our team members are volunteers and do not receive any remuneration. Thus, we would highly appreciate your support in the form of such a sponsorship!
Which are the steps to be followed?
1. Calculate or estimate how much 20% of your company’s income tax represents in RON.
2. In order to provide us with this form of financial support, you will need a Sponsorship Agreement. We have already drafted such an agreement to serve as an example. You can access it via this link
. Should you have any questions or wish to make any changes, please contact us at email@example.com.
3. You shall send the signed version of the agreement to us via the email address provided above. Alternatively, you can send a hard copy to the fiscal authorities where your company is registered.
Mention: We would prefer to have the agreement in digital format. This way we can answer and solve any potential issues in a timely manner.
4. Having all the contractual aspects in place, you can transfer the agreed amount into our account:
ASOCIATIA MENTAL HEALTH FOR ROMANIA – SANATATE MINTALA PENTRU ROMANIA
According to the law, this amount must be transferred before the last day of the current trimester.
5. The last step is to calculate and report your taxes to the National Fiscal Authority (ANAF). This is usually done so by the accounting department within your company. Afterwards, the amount you had previously transferred to us will be deducted from your taxes.
For reporting purposes, do not forget to file Declaration No. 107
to ANAF. This must be submitted to the fiscal authorities by mid-January 2022.